Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday, August 19th Fay Day


Hi everyone! I am new to this blog thing. I have always wanted to have a website so family and friends can check in to see what we are doing. It always seemed so intimidating. Who was it that said "that a life worth living was worth writing down!" I am not sure but I always thought it sounded good. Since today is a lazy day-we are all off due to the arrival of hurricane/tropical storm Fay-I thought it might be a good day to start. So here goes........
Hurricane/Tropical storm Fay blew into town last night. We dropped the shutters and hunkered down for the night. It was windy with a lot of rain The house was really dark but with the shutters down we didn't hear a thing. It is still windy and raining today and I am glad to be home rather than at work.
Jess wasn't too happy. Yesterday was the first day of school. With the arrival of the storm school was canceled. Jess is one of the few kids who actually likes school. She has been asking me all day if I am sure that she will be able to go tomorrow. I can remember when I was a kid a snow day was the best day. The storm is not supposed to last so I am sure it will be business as usual tomorrow. Guess that means she should probably get her homework done and I should probably get something done around the house! Enjoy your day! Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.