Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hi! Been a few days since my last post. The rain has dried up at my house although in other parts of town the roads are closed and residents have been evacuated from their homes. It doesn't promise to get any better for those folks. Been busy for us though. Monday was a late night. I had a Board meeting (or is that a Bored meeting!. Never know which one it is. Tuesday was curriculum night at Jess's school. Her teacher spent a lot of time with us. We got to sit at her desk-Mike got to sit at the teachers desk! Her teacher went over his expectations for the school year as well as the material they would be covering. Sounds like an exciting year. We got out later than I was expecting. Today I am beat. Mike mowed the lawn and put the mower in the garage while it was still hot. The air conditioner sucked up the gasoline fumes and we were smelling them all night. I didn't sleep a wink for fear that it was something else leaking. I kept checking the house, dog, rats (figured they would be the first to go!) and kid. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better!

No comments: